Friday, January 4, 2008

A blah BLOG!

If I had any hair, I think I might just have pulled each follicle one at a time. Pluck...Pluck...Pluck!

I've just spent the last month and a half in the arms of the holiday season and I can't see past the remote. Worse yet, my sweet little 50lb lap dog, one of the love's of my life, is starting to get on my ever lasting nerve.

Let me back up a bit...the nerve's started to unwind a few days ago and this morning, they were at the end of my non split end hairs. But, alas, it was a good day to see my mentor. If there was anyone in my life outside of my wife that keeps me grounded and skating straight, it's her.

As always, she tried to give me a bit of tough love. It would have worked about ten years ago, but knowing what I know now, it has little effect. She's not the drill sergent type, nor would I be using her if she were.

What she does do is to get me to refocus on what I need to do as a Realtor. I need to get some listings and some buyers and some listings and some......

My problem is I have the holiday blahs. I was okay to use the holidays on an excuse not to seek out clients. I have some that are in the pipe, but in the mean time, what do I need to do. That was the question. And the answer was...I need to get some! Some...some...some...

That's about as far as I got when the light went off! Okay...maybe it wasn't the light, but my mentor. Hey...by the way, her name is Allison. So, she says, "What do you need to do to get some clients"? Then she say's, "This is the Tough Love part. Is it too rough"? I say, "NO!" "You do what you need to do! I understand."

So, what is it that I need to do to get out of the Holiday Blah Blues? First off, I need to get myself back on a schedule. Then I need to start treating this JOB as a JOB. Clients will not be climbing into my office windows. They won't even know where that window is, unless lead them to it. I need to get out there and get a little uncomfortable! That's her words. And, believe it or not, they need to be mine!

How do I get uncomfortable? Why would I want to?

This is where I draw myself a glass of wine and really get on myself! I need to get uncomfortable for my self growth. If I don't, I will not move past doing those things that I really hate to do. Such as, cold call! Not in the true sense of cold call though. I will have a reason and a focus, but that will be the easiest way to kick start my motor.

So...thanks to my meeting this morning with Allison, I will start getting uncomfortable. Unless I'm willing to pay someone else to do that part for me, I'm going to have to do it myself. And believe me, I spend enough already.

So, here's to a little wine and a lot of understanding by my wife and a whole lot of combat boot ass kicking by Allison.

Get out there and get the enemy before they get you! Or is that me?

Either way, no more blaming the holidays....it's all on me baby!

Next time....see ya from Texas!

No comments: