Friday, August 10, 2007

Creating MY Team!!!!!

How do I choose a Title Company, Mortgage Lender or other part of the process!!!! This was probably one of the most difficult part of being a new agent. I not only needed to get up and started, but I also needed to know who to refer.

I knew that I was going to need at minimum a Mortgage Lender. I had the opportunity to meet various ones that my market center had hanging around. They were there to keep us informed about how the market was doing and how they could help us. My problem turned out to be, how do I know which one I would be able to rely on for my clients needs.

I finally decided to contact a Mortgage Lender by leaving a message on their voicemail and also in an e-mail. When I did not get a reply during the week, I realized that the one I contacted was not the one for me.

By this time, I was a little frustrated. I expected to be caught off guard at anytime and no Mortgage person on my team.

As I sat through another much needed class, I started speaking with a Lender that was in the same office as the Lender I had contacted. She was VERY helpful and told me that the Lender that I had contacted was out of the office for the week.

Well, that explains the non reply, but I sort of expected to at least get an e-mail reply saying they were unavailable or a voice mail that said the same.

After having a sit down with this Mortgage Lender Representative, we hit it off and I felt like I had my Mortgage Lender tied down. One last thing I needed to do was find out how responsive she was to my needs and my needs were a Mortgage for my wife and I.

She met with us both on the phone and in person and was so responsive that I couldn't help but feel that she would treat all my customers the same.

I have needed her expertise many times since our first meeting and I can tell you that she is always there for me. Whether it is replying to my e-mails or returning my calls. She is also a great fit for my team. Happy, upbeat, motivated, courteous and above all, HONEST!!!!

My next step was to find a Title person. This was what I thought going to be more difficult than finding the Lender. But, what I did was, since I felt VERY happy with my Lender, I asked her who she would recommend. She gave me a name and even set up a meeting between us.

I met with the Title Rep and we hit it off right away. There was that same bubbly personality and excitement that makes any transaction a breeze. And, she had the same qualities that my lender had....upbeat, motivated, courteous and you got it...HONEST!

In a market where there seems to be so much mistrust, it is a plus to get a Lender and a Title Rep that you can trust and that will take care of your clients.

Remember that these folks are an extension of you and if you want your business to grow, you have to have quality people to work with.

Keep the chin up and walk proud......you don't want to miss looking your next seller or buyer in the eyes.

More soon.....

No comments: